Your memories are important to us. FilmTransfer.com guarantees your media is handled safely, securely, and efficiently in our state-of-the-art digitization center to ensure high quality and rapid turnaround on every order.
- After placing an online order a shipping label is emailed which contains your unique order id
- Upon arrival all media is placed in a tote with the id clearly marked.
- Throughout the digitization process the tote is scanned and updated in our system to reflect the current step in the order process.
- Each media item is scanned/transferred by a member of our team whose responsibility is to ensure the safety of each media item and that our stringent Quality Control requirements are adhered to throughout the scanning/transfer process.
- Once all media has been digitized it is uploaded to our internal server where it is restored.
- Restored media is encoded and optimized for upload to AWS S3 which provides durable and reliable Cloud storage across 3 physical facilities in the US.
- The entire order goes through another round of Quality Control checkpoints before it is uploaded to AWS S3 and an email link is automatically sent when the media is ready for download.
- All files associated with the scanning/transfer of a particular order are retained for 1 month on our internal server and 1 year on AWS S3 to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- All original media is shipped back along with any additionally ordered items (DVD's, external hard drive).